The International Coaching Association (ICA) consists of an independent, international network of professors, top-coaches and assessment-specialists.
Our mission is to raise the standard of coaching around the globe.
To achieve this mission, standards which differentiate “good coaching” from “bad coaching” are continuously developed within the ICA.
At the same time, diagnostic devices to analyze coaches’ performance are permanently designed and adjusted.
With the help of its international network, the ICA continuously defines standards for coaching excellence. These standards also serve as assessment criteria to evaluate coaching competence. The six key factors of success for professional business coaching are:
- Perception of the coaching client
- Consideration of the client’s context
- Focus on process and result
Services offered by the ICA
Quality standards developed by the ICA guarantee an objective, scientific and practical evaluation of coaching-qualification.
With professional, taylor-made assessment-centers, the relevant skills of a coach are diagnosed by the ICA. This service by the ICA is offered to various target groups:
- Companies which want to diagnose the coaching competence of external coaches before adding them to their inhouse“ coach pool”. More Information
- Training institutes, which want an independent assessment of their participants’ coaching potential at the end of a coaching training course. More Information
- Individual coaches who want a professional and scientifically valid proof of their coaching skills
The four important advantages of the ICA. More Information
In comparison with the certification-process of many other coaching-organizations, the ICA has four significant advantages:
1. International Experts: The ICA consists of specialists from different countries and with heterogeneous academic and professional backgrounds. Thus, it takes Coaching to a global level.
2. Scientific Approach: Coaching competence is analyzed with valid tools only. There is scientific evidence, that the results of assessment centers are objective, reliable and valid indicators of coaching performance.
3. Objective Criteria: The observations of the ICA during an assessment center are based on transparent behavioral indicators. Every participant receives a quantitative and qualitative feedback in a written report. Needless to say, the ICA is independent and neutral in its evaluations.
4. Affordable Fees: With a fee of 750€ including an individual assessment center and a report, the international approved certification is much more affordable than other organizations’ certifications.